More often than not, we don’t have a choice when it comes to the selection of our home. Oh, we definitely only go for the best we can get; but that can sometimes mean compromising in certain things. Having to compromise and live with a small kitchen might not sound difficult until you actually have to use it in a daily basis. But humans are great at adopting; we usually learn to make the best of our situation. Here are a few great tips that our experts recommend to make your kitchen feel larger than it is…
• Learn to live a clutter free life – often, having full and overflowing counters can make your kitchen appear smaller than it actually is. Learn to clear as you work, and not have too many things outside. Throw away the expired and the damaged— it’s only eating up your space.
• Be mindful of your furniture – always buy furniture to fit the size of your room. Rather than hulking kitchen tables, opt for the slimmer and more stylish breakfast bars with black breakfast bar stools. Similarly, rather than a large quantity of drawers and cabinets and counters, opt for cabinet/pantry designs that provide you with a lot of storage options.
• Make a few changes – if you opt for discount furniture online Australia, or furniture that is not custom built, try and make a few changes so that it suits your kitchen better. Replace the fully wooden doors with glass doors. This makes cabinets “appear” smaller. If possible, opt for open shelves, as they too help your kitchen appear larger.
• Color selections ¬- try not to select dark colors for the walls, floors or kids chairs Australia. This only makes the space look smaller. Try and paint your cabinets the same color as your walls to give it a smooth, flowing look; helping your kitchen look bigger. If you don’t have a choice with the color selection, make sure to get your kitchen a lot of light to counter this darkness. Having great light also ensures that your kitchen is more inviting, and less cluttered.
• Know the value of your kitchen windows – move away anything that is obstructing the sunlight from entering the kitchen through the kitchen window. Though artificial lighting is great, natural sunlight is even better. Not only does it provide your kitchen with light, it also gives it a natural warmth. If your kitchen gets a lot of sunlight, try and incorporate mirrors to your decorations. The light bouncing from the mirrors will automatically make your kitchen look and feel bigger; helping you achieve your goal